About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WOW approved by ministry of Culture

My last WOW related post can be found here:
http://chinese-net-gaming-stock.blogspot.com/2009/07/approval-of-wow-could-take-another-60.html

Sorry, for not keeping up with the post, I do have a regular job and it gets pretty busy lately.

First, some old information:
http://it.sohu.com/20090717/n265296111.shtml

The General Administration of Press and Publication (GAPP) said July 17, 2009 that its content checks into NTES's MMORPG World of Warcarft (WoW) is almost complete. GAPP said that GAPP has found some violent content which needs to be revised but that this should prove no difficulty for game companies.

My guess is this will only be 2 to 3 weeks of more work before it is approved by GAPP.

But GAPP is not the only government agencies that NTES needs to get approval. Ministry of Culture's approval is also required. Today, 7/21/2009, NTES obtained this approval. See the following article:
http://it.sohu.com/20090721/n265371279.shtml

The following picture is the image from the web site of Ministry of Culture:


At this point, it is pretty clear that NTES will start operating WOW within 2 to 3 weeks. This delay had nothing to do with what NCTY's law suit. This is what I predicted from my last post.

Finally, my last post had a couple of comments that disagree with my prediction. First, thank to the commenter for your opinion, even if you are disagreeing with me. As long as you don't resort to personal insult, your comments are welcome. Viewers are especially encouraged to view the comments section to get other points of views.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HenryC! We miss you. Blog again, my friend! So many games coming down the NetEase pipeline -- it's just too confusing without your expert help. Hope you come back soon!

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ynecynujus.virtue.nu/uduleh.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Penny Stock Tips Advice said...

This whole euroland crisis just goes on and on' their does not seem to be an end in sight. Their have been attempts to resolve the debt issues but none of them are working.

FAQ

A test for now

Followers