About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

China's MOBA battle, part 2: NTES will cooperate with Activision


Again, today, 4/2/2013, another potential game changing event occurs for NTES. At the point of this writing, there is still little movement on NTES's stock on light volume.

Today's news is regarding the upcoming MOBA gaming war in China. My first post is this area can be found here:


Like what I said in the last article, the next great gaming battle in China is not going to be over mobile games. The next great battle is going to be MOBA games. When I have some free time, I will write an article on what is MOBA games and how it differs from MMORPG games.

Today, NTES announced that it will cooperate with Activision (ATVI) to develop a MOBA platform in China. See the following news:


In the news, NTES obtained the right to operate Warcraft 3 and DOTA on this new MOBA platform from ATVI.

The first game on this platform will be NTES's own YXSG game. When I have more free time, I will write an article on YXSG.

NTES will also get other type of games such as shooting games, Music games, and Sports games to operate on this platform.

By receiving Activision's blessing on this platform, it really speak favorably that NTES is probably in the front row seat in obtaining the license to operate the upcoming Blizzard All-Star game.

I think within the next 1 or 2 years, there are most likely 1 to 2 true blockbusters and 2 or 3 other major games in the MOBA area. I think NTES just got its hands on 2 or 3 of them.

The biggest loser is probably Tencents.

Interestingly, in today two news, NTES is the bigget winner while Tencents is the biggest loser.



end



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In other words, niche strategies in many respects, is simply more there.
What search engines will the SEO service
target with your campaign. The first service is based on registering a domain name and
adding of local IP address in local languages in the targeted market.


Look at my homepage; Référencement naturel

FAQ

A test for now

Followers