About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Earning Season

It is the earning season the next 2 to 3 weeks. This blog is just a hobby of mine and my time is limited. Most of the free time in the next few weeks will be in listening in on the earning conference calls and reviewing what is being said.

I won't talk about anything being said in the earning conferences since there it won't provide anything extra.

Therefore, I won't update this blog as often in the next three weeks.

A lot of people had asked me for an estimate for the revenue for Sohu's new game TL. I said it might be 5 million per quarter a couple of months ago. Given what had happened in the last two months, it is clear that estimate is way too conservative.

I am in the middle of doing a series of articles on turmoil happening in China's gaming industry, the new Free-to-Play game model vs the existing Paying game model. By the end of that series, I will have a new revenue estimates of TL.

I haven't work out all the numbers yet, but it looks like my TL's revenue estimates could be many times of my original estimates. I also need to recalculate the numbers to make sure I didn't add a 0 somewhere.

Anyway, for the people who is waiting for that article, I am still working on it. But it might be a few weeks later.

Have fun with the earning season!

No comments:

FAQ

A test for now

Followers