My previous post on Netease's XYQ:
Tomorrow is Netease's earning conference. For those of you who actually check for server counts, just a friendly reminder that XYQ is in the mist of server consolidation.
Therefore, about 40 to 60 (I think it is 49 servers) that are being consolidated. These are the ghost servers. They are usually in yellow or green (little or no players), but are now pink or red (many players or completely full). In addition, they are being double counted.
In a nutshell, there are about 49 extra servers that are listed as full.
These newly created servers were doubled counted to ease the player transition. But they also let the server count looks a lot more impressive than reality.
About this Blog
The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (67)
- Sohu – TL – TL’s Peak Concurrent User estimate
- Sohu – TL – Reasons I think TL is popular
- Sohu – TL – Myths that TL is not popular
- Sohu – TL – Is its server counts for real?
- NTES - XYQ - server count
- Sohu – TL – Start charging money during open beta
- Earning Season
- SOHU – TL – Open Beta
- Ntes – TX2 – Progress 3 – What shall NTES do?
- Ntes – TX2 – Progress 2 – Development Direction
- Ntes – TX2 – Progress 1 - Status
- Sohu – TL – Game Prediction
- Sohu – TL – Game Progress
- ▼ May (13)