About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TX2 will be free-to-play

My last post on TX2 is as followed:
http://chinese-net-gaming-stock.blogspot.com/2008/01/tx2-in-game-graphics.html

This is certainly unexpected. Just a few days after my last update on TX2, Netease announced that TX2 will be a free-to-play pay-by-item game.

See the following link:
http://tech.163.com/08/0116/11/42ATCEB7000915BF.html

The article said that Netease CEO announced that TX2 will be a free-to-play game. It will be start beta right after the Chinese New Year. It is expected to be in commercial operation during the 1st half of 2008.

I have to say that this is a great news to Netease investors.

If TX2 is a paying game, it is competing with World of Warcraft. From my previous articles on TX2, I predicted that it will be out in the 3Q2008. And I also predict that this game might surprise people.

But now TX2 is going to be a free-to-play game. The competition becomes much weaker all in a sudden. TX2 is going to be the best free-to-play game in China. I have no doubt that this game will be a major hit. On top of that, this game will be out in the 2Q 2008.

Excellent news.

No comments:

FAQ

A test for now

Followers