My last post on XYQ can be found here:
My last post on TX2 can be found here:
There are two piece of amazing news tonight.
First, XYQ just blow away its old record. On today, 4/27/2008, it had a new PCU of 2.08 million. Its last PCU record occured on 4/6/2008 and with the old record of 1.67 million. The following is the link to the official announcement:
This is just amazing. XYQ is accelerating its growth. It blows away all my expectation.
There is also an important news on TX2, the most important game in NTES's upcoming game. The following is the semi-official announcement:
TX2 had started small scaled closed beta from 2/29/2008. Now they are going to enter into large scale closed beta on 5/4/2008. In addition, they will enter "open beta" in June.
For most "free-to-play" games, open beta usually means commercial operation.
Thus, I will say TX2 will enter commercial operation either on June or July.
So far, from what I observes, TX2 had addressed most of my concerns. I am pretty certain that it will be a block buster for NTES.
About this Blog
The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2009 (65)
- NTES - XYQ and TX2 Update
- Sohu interview
- TD-SCDMA Cost comparison and potential problem are...
- Other related TD-SCDMA news
- Negative review of TD-SCDMA
- Evaluation of TD-SCDMA by Sina Tech reporter
- Evaluation of TD-SCDMA by Sohu Tech reporter
- TD-SCDMA reviewed by Netease Tech News
- Sohu’s search monetization strategy
- Netease start to monetizing its search engine
- ▼ April (10)