Did China just achieved Goldilocks economy?
I am no economist. But two recent news make me wonder that China's economy had achieved (or is not its way to achieve) soft landing.
After bedeviled by high inflation, inflation in China had declined for 4 straight months.
After three straight months of declining manufacturing activities, the Purchasing Managers' Index just rose to a seasonally adjusted 51.2 in September from 48.4 in August.
Because of the global (near) recession, cost of the raw material decreased and that helps with China's inflation problem.
Because China has so much money (trade surpluses, etc.), it is able to invest (into infrastructure) its way out of any economy decline.
I think China is on her way to change from a export economy (like Japan) to a continental economy (like USA).
What do you guys think?
About this Blog
The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2009 (65)
- China's Goldilocks Economy
- NTES XYW status – Closed Beta
- NTES – FF2 status part2 – Open Beta
- NTES – FF2 status part1 - Game development finishe...
- NTES - XY3 status – new expansion pact
- NTES - TX2 status part 2 – Official Closed Beta on...
- NTES - TX2 status part 1 – 1st expansion pact
- NTES - XYQ status - expansion pack in October
- NTES – XY2 status – expansion pact out on 8/28/200...
- Status on Sohu’s next two games
- ▼ September (10)