About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.

Monday, September 8, 2008

NTES – XY2 status – expansion pact out on 8/28/2008

My last post on XY2 can be found here:
http://chinese-net-gaming-stock.blogspot.com/2008/06/new-pcu-record-at-xy2.html

I had been following NTES for quite a few years now. I had never seen so many activities for NTES’s games. Every major NTES games have some significant activities in the next couple of months. I am going to spend the following 4 or 5 days to go through every one of them.

The following is another example of NTES’s aversion to the Wall Street analysts. On 8/13/2008, NTES had its 2nd quarter earning conference call. It didn’t bother to tell the wall street analysts that XY2’s next expansion pact will be out on 8/28/2008 (even though one wall street analyst had specifically asked for detailed schedule for the expansion pacts). See the following link:
http://xy2.duowan.com/0808/83757836502.html

Unlike most other Chinese companies where they would come out with expansion pacts once every quarter, NTES’s expansion pacts are much more extensive. This is the first expansion pact for XY2 for about one year. Every other company would have proudly pronounced it in the earning conference, but not NTES.

XY2 had just broken a new PCU record on 6/1/2008. From my server checking, it had been very strong lately. After the new expansion pact is released, it will be even stronger. The full effect of this expansion pact will be evident in the 4Q2008. I can’t wait for the 4th quarter earning conference.

No comments:

FAQ

A test for now

Followers