My last post on the status of Sohu's games can be found here:
Sohu's next major game, LDJ, will enter first closed beta on 9/17/2008. See the following news:
Sohu had also opened the official game site:
I don't think Sohu will get LDJ out this year. I am guessing that we shall see the game becoming commercial in either 1Q or 2Q 2009.
In addition, there is news that Sohu will license and operate another title, JianXian. Please see the following news:
Sohu will start internal beta for this game at the end of September 2008. This game shall be in commercial operation in 2009.
In the 2Q2008 earning conference call, Sohu called LDJ as "The Duke of Mount Deer" and JianXian as "Legned of Ancient War".
About this Blog
The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2009 (65)
- China's Goldilocks Economy
- NTES XYW status – Closed Beta
- NTES – FF2 status part2 – Open Beta
- NTES – FF2 status part1 - Game development finishe...
- NTES - XY3 status – new expansion pact
- NTES - TX2 status part 2 – Official Closed Beta on...
- NTES - TX2 status part 1 – 1st expansion pact
- NTES - XYQ status - expansion pack in October
- NTES – XY2 status – expansion pact out on 8/28/200...
- Status on Sohu’s next two games
- ▼ September (10)