About this Blog

The purpose of this blog is for my personal use. It serves as my personal diary as I investigate Chinese internet/gaming companies for investment purpose. If you have any comments or disagreement, please give me feedbacks.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

QN - Another new major MMORPG game by Netease

The last new major MMORPG game developed by Netease is CSXY. My last article describing that game can be found here:

http://chinese-net-gaming-stock.blogspot.com/2009/03/csxy-another-major-game-developed-by.html


But there is an explosion on the development of new major titles by Netease. Obviously, there is another major new game under development.


On 4/1/2009, NTES announce another major game, QN. Any information on it is still very sketchy. The following is what little we know about it:


It is a MMORPG. It is going to be a fantasy game. It is a 3D game with fixed camera angle. I think that is what DT is but NTES called DT a 2.5D game. So I don't know the difference between 2.5D vs. 3D with fixed camera angle.


It can be roughly translated as 「Ghost Story」. It is based on an ancient Chinese novel. Then 20 years ago, it was made into a very famous movie. After that, it was made into a very successful TV series. The basic story is about the romantic story between a young Confucius scholar and a female ghost.


It is going to be a real time game. It is an in-house developed game. I think the closest NTES game is DT. But DT is a martial art game while QN is going to be a fantasy game where human, ghost, good gods and evil gods co-exist.


The game's web site is: http://qn.163.com


I attached some in-game graphics for the game below:






Those are some very beautiful graphics.



No comments:

FAQ

A test for now

Followers